Avoid Deportation If You Were Brought to the U.S. As a Child

WVN – If someone brought you to the U.S. as a child and you do not have legal U.S. resident or immigration status, you may be eligible to request a two-year delay (deferral) in any action against you by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program allows you to remain in the United States and to obtain a work permit, but it does not allow you to apply for citizenship.


There are different guidelines and procedures for first-time applicants and those seeking a renewal. The USCIS has answers to frequently asked questions to help you decide if you qualify and what the process is.

The USCIS often recommends that applicants in complicated matters request legal assistance. You can also contact a USCIS office directly for assistance with basic questions.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

en English